Family fun

Family fun

Followers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

PASS Hysteria

I hate this time of the year--you know, those few days right before a statewide test. You can almost feel the tension in the air as you talk with colleagues. Simple tasks suddenly become monumental and I find myself not being as patient as I normally am. Why do I allow myself to get sucked into this hysteria that seems to develop each and every year?? My rational self knows better, but somehow there's always a part of me that begins to panic just a little and question what I did and did not do in terms of test preparation. One of these days, I'm going to stop this mess and focus on what's really important: fostering a lifetime love of reading and writing within my students. I WILL get there....one of these days.

1 comment: