Family fun

Family fun

Followers

Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm Movin' On Up!!

http://ipad.io/H1M

My daughter, Schyler, sent my husband and I a Valentine's card for the first time in YEARS! She is away at college and very busy doing her own thing when out of the blue came this card. We have not received a card from her since she was teeny tiny and at first I was a little taken back. Then, after getting over the initial shock, I felt so lucky to have such a thoughtful and caring daughter. I knew she was growing up, but I guess I just didn't realize how quickly it was happening. All I kept thinking about was how she is turning into me!! I send my parents a card each year and now she is doing the same to me. So, you will understand me when I say that this card is symbolic of so many things besides just a "card." I am one lucky mom!
By the way, this is my first podcast!!

4 comments:

  1. I know it must make you feel really good when your daughter acknowledges everything you've done for her! There's nothing quite like being a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you recording the podcast? It doesn't sound like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! You could make your daughter a card on ipadio and attach some of your favorite pictures of her or of the both of you to the voice file. It would be like a movie card or something like that. I know you are very proud of your daughter. I bet she is really proud of you too, especially now that you created a podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel, when my daughters send me ca. rds for special occasions or every blue moon, a simple thank you note, I smile from ear to ear. Last night, my daughter who lives in the area, but is always too busy to see me, stoped by and we went to dinner. We had a marvelous conversation about where she is going in life, and the progress she has made, I thought well, finally she is maturing. It was a special moment. These are the ones we tresure forever. Keep as close as you seem to be, and your daughter will grow to be as caring and thoughful as her mom.

    ReplyDelete