Family fun

Family fun

Followers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm Scared

Saturday is my last face-to-face meeting with Bill and our Digital Writing group. I can't begin to tell you how much I've grown professionally in terms of incorporating technology into my teaching practices. Bill made me feel uncomfortable and took me WAY out of my comfort zone and required me to use certain pieces of technology I would have otherwise NEVER known about or chosen to use. He required me to read professional text that took my thinking outside the box. I complained at first and thought, "What had I gotten myself into??" He required me to do things and use things and read things I would have never been exposed to had I not taken this course. Now I find myself scared to death because I might not have this contact anymore. I'm scared to think about going back to "Pre-Bill" and I don't like it! Colleen, Ann, and I just presented a staff development to our faculty about some of the neat things we have been introduced to. I love the idea of "each one, teach one." I feel "empowered" that I have some knowledge about technology and how to use a few things in my teaching. I don't want my learning to end. I am not ready to do this on my own. I feel like I have just started my journey and I don't want to lose my connection to these wonderful people. I'm wondering if we can keep our support group going so we can continue to learn and grow from each other?? I'm scared of losing this contact. I wonder if anyone else feels the same as me.

3 comments:

  1. I dont think you can go back or even return to "pre-Bill." Now though you cultivate connections through your content areas, interests, and own self directed learning. You've been launched--now fly. I'm sure Bill does, but I also trust that you now have a vision...a feel for how engaging the tools can be, and how they empower you and connect you in many ways to collaborative learning, be it with professionals or students. Thank you for allowing me to follow along--you and Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will continue to grow and develop as a techno-savy teacher. It would be great if everyone in the class could keep blogging to share ideas and support each other. I believe Bill will always be a click away and eager to help. I think it is great that you have shared the information with your co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always available to help. You are all part of my PLN now and I expect to hear about your successes and your "mess ups". It is all about a vision that each person in the class sets for herself. Continue to develop a larger network outside your school district with me and people like Cathy and other blogger you choose to follow. Remember it is all about a vision of the perfect classroom you want to have for yourself. Believe and use all the tools to help you realize it.

    This course has been a pleasure! I have learned from each of you. Believe it or not blogging is difficult for me. I have hit a wall with blogging and spending more time reading. I am writing but it is about other things right now. I guess I am being a little selfish with what I am choosing to read and write about now.

    Thanks for all your accolades! I give credit to the Cathy Nelsons, Pat Hensleys, Bill Ferriters, the Cleaver Sheep, Langwitches, and the hundreds of others like them in the world including the 21 bloggers I have learned from in this class. Learning is about peer to peer experiences. If I cannot learn from it, I move on.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete